May 2015 wish list

>> Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Some good ones coming up in May, although several here I'm really not sure are my thing.

Books I'm definitely planning to get


Once Upon a Marquess, by Courtney Milan (May 2015)

There's never a firm release date with Milan's books, but according to her website this will be out in April or May, so here's hoping it's early in the month. It sounds great, but Milan is an autobuy author, so I'd buy it whatever it was about.





A God in Ruins by Kate Atkinson (May 5)

This is a companion to Life After Life, which I loved.





Day Four, by Sarah Lotz (May 21)

I recently read Lotz's The Three and thoroughly enjoyed it. This seems to be along the same lines, so I'll be reading it.



Books that interest me and I'll keep an eye on


Sacrati by Kate Sherwood (May 4)

I'm not sure about this one at all. I love Sherwood's contemporaries because they're so grounded and real. This is fantastical and features slaves and possibly (from what I can glean from the blurb) a 'gay-four-you' plot. Not my sort of thing, but I might try this anyway.





Archivist Wasp by Nicole Kornher-Stace (May 5)

I added this one to my wish list a while ago based on someone's comments about it. I remember that much, but I can't remember exactly what this person said! It does sound quite interesting and different!





A Year of Living Danishly: My Twelve Months Unearthing the Secrets of the World's Happiest Country by Helen Russell (May 12)

I have a bit of an obsession with Scandinavia, so I might give this a try.





The Shore by Sara Taylor (May 26)

Not sure, sounds like a bit too much misery for my taste, but the blurb includes the line "Through a series of interconnecting narratives that recalls the work of David Mitchell and Jennifer Egan..." which does tempt me!





Sweet Agony, by Charlotte Stein (May 28)

I haven't liked all of Stein's books, but I keep picking up her new ones!

6 comments:

Bona Caballero 30 April 2015 at 16:41  

Courtney Milan is also autobuy for me. So... I'm eagerly awaiting for her new historical novel Once Upon a Marquess, too.

Fernande,  30 April 2015 at 23:52  

Hi Rosario. I'm also looking forward to the Milan but particularly to the new Kate Atkinson. However, I'lll likely have a long wait because I prefer to listen to her books and the audio version seems to take forever to become available. If you'd like to hear a charming interview with Atkinson, you can find it here:
http://www.cbc.ca/radio/writersandcompany/kate-atkinson-interview-1.3016818

Cheers.

Rosario 9 May 2015 at 12:11  

Bona: Have you read her contemp as well? It has a setup that is really not my thing, but the way she did it, I ended up liking it very much.

Fernande: I listened to Life After Life (twice!) and thought the narration was magnificent, so I'm definitely listening to this one, too. The audio is available in Audible UK already (with a different narrator, alas); is it not where you are? And cheers for the interview!

Bona Caballero 9 May 2015 at 17:06  

Yes, I've read Trade Me.
I published my review on Valentine's Day. I liked it a lot. I'm not very fond of NA and first person narrative, but I enjoyed it anyway. I ended saying that I wanted more Cyclone books!
Apart from that, in her web page, it says that Once Upon a Marquess is out July 2015. So we have to wait a little more.

Li 10 May 2015 at 19:40  

I'm finding Kate Sherwood's backlist a bit uneven... loved some, others are leaving me a bit cold. I'm still eyeing SACRATI though...

Rosario 11 May 2015 at 06:30  

Bona: Oh, I'll go have a look! I'm ok with (some NA) and 1st person, my problem is more with billionaire books, but I still also liked it. And I can't wait for the next one! And thanks for the news on Once Upon an Marquess. Annoying, but not unexpected. She's always pushing dates back.

Li: I've read only a few of her backlist, mainly because there seems to be such a variety, including stuff I don't read, like menage. Are there any in particular that you liked?

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP