October 2014 wish list

>> Monday, September 29, 2014

A bit of a mediocre month, October. Either that, or I'm missing some.


Books I'm definitely planning to get


Only Enchanting, by Mary Balogh (Oct 28)

The last couple of books in this series have been a bit meh and the blurb for this latest one doesn't particularly excite me, but Balogh is a comfort read for me. I will be reading this one.





Blood Magick by Nora Roberts (Oct 28)

I really didn't like the 1st in this series (this is the 3rd), but I'm a completist with Nora, so I'll be finishing the series some time. Plus, the couple whose romance this is were the only ones with some sort of tension between them in book 1. Maybe it'll be good.




Books that interest me and I'll keep an eye on


In Your Dreams, by Kristan Higgins (Oct 1)

This sounds like it could be a nice friends-to-lovers romance, but I'll be waiting for reviews.





This Is How It Ends, by Jen Nadol (Oct 7)

I like the sound of the blurb... horror-tinged YA paranormal. Could be good.





Immortal, by JR Ward (Oct 7)

Maybe at some point I'll go back and read more in the Fallen Angels series. Or maybe I'm over the Ward crack.





Because I Can, by Tamara Morgan (Oct 13)

I picked up an earlier book in this series, but haven't read it yet. If that one's good, I'll be getting this one too.





Darling Beast, by Elizabeth Hoyt (Oct 14)

I think I've kind of gone off Hoyt, but if I was going to give her another try, this Beauty and the Beast plot would tempt me.





A Bollywood Affair by Sonali Dev (Oct 28)

I've a weakness for books where the hero falls for the woman he thinks is meant for his brother. I think I've seen good comments about this one, too. Can't quite remember where, but I know I added it to my wish list quite a few months ago, so it must have been from someone with an early ARC.

2 comments:

Li 29 September 2014 at 20:23  

I've only just finished Balogh's THE ESCAPE, so it's probably good timing! Didn't realise it was part of the same series at first as they've gone for a different naming convention!

I've a few more October releases on my list, but I suspect more on the UF side.

Rosario 29 September 2014 at 20:36  

I know, I assumed at first that it was a novella in that series. I read The Escape recently, too, so I might wait a bit before reading this one.

I did see your blog post about October books, and I've added the Sarina Bowen title to my list. I do have one of her earlier titles in my TBR, though, so I should probably read that one before I buy, make sure I like her!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP