February 2013 wish list

>> Thursday, January 31, 2013

Not sure what’s happening on Feb. 26th, with so many interesting books coming out? Not that I mind, since I go on my annual holiday to Uruguay the next morning, so a fully-loaded kindle will come useful!

Books I'm definitely planning to get



Calculated In Death, by JD Robb (Feb 26)


I still love this series. The books have become comfort reads, in a way, even though they can be really exciting.




A Bride by Moonlight, by Liz Carlyle (Feb 26)


I’ve kind of gone off Carlyle lately, mainly since she started with the paranormal stuff (although I’d started to lose some interest even before). I know she can write amazing books, though, so I will try her again, even as I fear it's be JAK all over again.




Lord of Darkness by Elizabeth Hoyt (Feb 26)


I’ve just started Hoyt’s Maiden Lane series. I’m not overly impressed with the first book so far, but this one seems to be about a long-standing, mysterious character in the series.




The Best Man, by Kristan Higgins (Feb 26)


I like Higgins’ voice, and this one sounds interesting. The heroine is a woman who was jilted right at the altar years earlier, and the heroine is her then-fiance’s best man.



Books that interest me and I'll keep an eye on reviews for



Hip Check, by Deirdre Martin (Feb 5)


I read the first two in the series and they were great. I’ve been meaning to read another by Martin for ages. Might give this one a try (although the plot sounds a bit tired, so I might well decide to read an older one).




A Duke Never Yields, by Juliana Gray (Feb 5)


A hero who’s made a vow of chastity, a heroine who wants him to become her lover. Hmmm... in the right hands, this could be good. We’ll see.




Where The Light Falls, by Katherine Keenum (Feb 5)


Belle Epoque Paris, yay! Hero addicted to laudanum, ehh, not that interested in addiction. Another one to keep an eyes on reviews for.




Crystal Cove, by Lisa Kleypas (Feb 5)


I was put off by the novella that introduced this series (saccharine and bland, was what I thought), but people do seem to like the full-length novels.




The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs, by Dana Bate (Feb 5)

I love the idea of launching an underground supper club. This sounds like it could be fun, but also have some more serious elements.




Reservations For Two Jennifer Lohmann (Feb 5)


Because the review at Wendy’s blog intrigued me. The plot itself doesn't sound particularly original (and when writers include an unfair review as a plot point, I always start bristling), but there’s plenty else there that makes me want to read it.




Human Remains, by Elizabeth Haynes (Feb 14)


I was very impressed by Haynes’ previous book, and this one sounds interesting. The heroine is a police analyst who discovers a string of seemingly unsuspicious deaths which she thinks might be more than they seem.




Promises Made Under Fire, by Charlie Cochrane (Feb 25)


Novella, set during (and, I’m assuming, after) WWI, a period which seems to be gaining in popularity. The plot sounds intriguing.




A Most Scandalous Proposal, by Ashlyn Macnamara (Feb 26)


Debut author, supposedly “perfect for fans of Julia Quinn, Eloisa James, and Sabrina Jeffries”. Ok... haven’t had much luck with Julia Quinn wannabes, but the next line in the summary (“two childhood friends in Regency England discover love with the most unlikely of partners: each other”) does interest me.




Night Resurrected, by Joss Ware (Feb 26)


This is the third in a series. All the books on it have caught my eye, but I haven’t yet read any of them. It’s post-apocalyptic romance, but then, I haven’t read all that much in that subgenre, so I’m not tired of it.

2 comments:

nath 1 February 2013 at 02:24  

Finally, a month full of new releases!! :) As for why February 26, well it's because publishers, for some reasons, either release their books at the beginning or at the end of the month, so Feb. 26 becomes a popular date.

My watchlist comes out tomorrow, but so far, I also have the new In Death and Kristan Higgins...

I'm curious about The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs. Wonder if it's contemporary romance, fiction or chick-lit?

Rosario 1 February 2013 at 06:49  

Ah, you're right! Feb 5 is also a very popular date, it seems.

The Supper Clubs books sounds more like chick-lit to me. I think it caught my eye because the description sort of reminded me of Life From Scratch, by Melissa Ford, which I really liked:
http://rosario.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/life-from-scratch-by-melissa-ford.html

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP